Re: Corel/PGMKR Font Prob

Subject: Re: Corel/PGMKR Font Prob
From: Barb Philbrick <barb -dot- philbrick -at- PCOHIO -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 1995 14:17:00 -0500

DS>On Thu, 20 Jul 1995, Brennan, Walt wrote:

DS>> Hello Techwhirlers,
DS>>
DS>> Hope one or more of you can help us out. We recently migrated
DS>> from Mac to PC and are having problems with Corel graphics
DS>> printed from PageMaker.

DS>> When we move graphic images from CorelDraw 5.0 to
DS>> Pagemaker 5.0, the fonts look as though a third grader painted
DS>> them with a screwdriver.

I've had this problem, too. I'm in CorelDraw 4.0, but hopefully my
solution will work for you.

I convert all of the text to curves (if the drawing has a lot of text, I
make a copy first so I can edit the text later if needed). The "convert
text to curves" option in the export doesn't seem to work, so I do it
manually.

It's clumsy, but it works.

Barb

~ CMPQwk 1.42-R2 9107 ~The truth is more important than the facts.

|_|_| PC-Ohio PCBoard OLS pcohio.com HST 16.8: 216-381-3320
|_|_| The Best BBS in America Cleveland, OH V34 28.8: 216-691-3030