Re: Automatic Indexing

Subject: Re: Automatic Indexing
From: Lori Lathrop <76620 -dot- 456 -at- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 1995 10:47:09 EDT

CText, Inc. ...

DISCLAIMER: I am, I must admit, very biased on this topic. "Automatic
indexing" is a misnomer. Indexes are *created*, not *generated* by some
magical tool. Please consider the following as information only, *not* an
endorsement of any product.

That said, however, there is a software package that claims to do
automatic indexing in either WordPerfect of MS Word documents. Iconovex,
Inc. (in Bloomington, MN) developed a product called Indexicon, which has
received some very negative reviews from professional indexers.

Another company, Leverage Technologies (216-838-1203 - ask for Dave
Ream), has developed an add-on product that lets users tailor Indexicon's
output -- LexEdit for Indexicon 1.0. You can purchase both products,
Indexicon and LexEdit for Indexicon 1.0, from Leverage Technologies.

Lori Lathrop ----------> INTERNET:76620 -dot- 456 -at- compuserve -dot- com
Lathrop Media Services, P.O. Box 3065, Idaho Springs, CO 80452
Office: 303-567-4011 / Home: 303-567-9533