Re: Automatic Indexing

Subject: Re: Automatic Indexing
From: Gretchen Toth <glt -at- ICONOVEX -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 1995 08:48:56 -0500

Because this list isn't meant to post ads, I'll make
this short and sweet. The topic of indexing has just
come up so much that I thought others may be interested.
If you think this is inappropriate, please tell me (kindly,
no flames necessary :-) ).

Misti Delaney wrote (for Tara Edwards Barber):

>...I've been asked by my engineering manager to try
>and find an automatic indexing package for documents...What he
>would like to find is a package that can be given a list of key
>words to search on, and automatically compile an index based on
>that word search. He also thinks it would be nice if the search
>could include logic statements, such as "search for this word, but
>not this one,"...

If you are interested in a software that can automatically create
an index for you, that is, it can decide for itself (and for you)
what words are important based on their context, check out
Iconovex's home page at http://www.iconovex.com and look for
'Indexicon.' That's it. That's all. I won't say any more.

Contact me personally at the address below if you have more
questions.

Gretchen L. Toth
Technical Writer
The Iconovex Corporation
gretchen -dot- toth -at- iconovex -dot- com