Re: End-user doc kits?

Subject: Re: End-user doc kits?
From: Dan 'Fergus' Roberts <droberts -at- PANIX -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 1995 22:08:58 -0400

John Taylor (jtaylor -at- frame -dot- com) wrote:
So what X does is provide the
: developer/customizer with an end-user doc kit, containing
: materials/templates/instructions for producing end-user docs.
: Does this sort of thing ever happen? Anyone know of anything like this?

My company provides enhancements/extenders for networked information
databases and communications. Right now, we are doing one for an microsoft
extender. We got permission to use a couple of their chapters from an
appropriate user manual, in our documentation. But we didnt really
customize their doc much, just built our doc around theirs, sorta.
--
-----
Dan 'Fergus' Roberts