Re: Help:Windows Help

Subject: Re: Help:Windows Help
From: "Sevigny, Josee" <joseey -at- M3ISYSTEMS -dot- QC -dot- CA>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 1995 13:00:01 -0400

Hi KEL, (Kathryn E. Leventhal-Arnold <kleve -at- hilco -dot- com>)

You have two options:
*************Design portable help projects*************
I use XVT Portability Toolkit. It's not an authoring tool. You build ASCII
files using their tags definition and compile your help project in Windows,
OS/2 or UNIX platform.

You can find them at:
XVT SOFTWARE INC.
4900 Pearl East Circle Boulder, CO 80301, 1-800-678-7988, (303) 443-4223,
fax: (303) 443-0969, email: info -at- xvt -dot- com
http://www.csn.net/xvt/

Kelly Thompson <kelly -at- HAWK -dot- AUTOSIM -dot- COM> also gave me this info which I have
not checked yet:
There is an authoring tool for XVT put out by Dovetail Software. It allows you
to create online help, then compile as an XVT help file that can be used under
DOS, Unix and Windows.

Dovetail Software, Inc.
3076 6th Street
Boulder, CO 80304
Phone: (303)443-3577
Fax: (303)447-9428

This may make your life a lot less complicated--the XVT markup language is not
the greatest pleasure you could have.

************** HTML is portable in itself **********************
If you create your docs in HTML, PC with Windows browsers will be able to
view these files anyway.

Let me know which way you're going to go 'cause I have the same dilemna.

\\|//
(o o)
Josee Sevigny Technical Writer
M3i Systems Inc., Longueuil, QC
e-m joseey -at- m3isystems -dot- qc -dot- ca
Tel (514) 928-4600
Fax (514) 328-8785

\\|//