Re: Tech-writing

Subject: Re: Tech-writing
From: Blair John <Blair -dot- John -dot- MM5 -at- MACMAIL1 -dot- NB -dot- ROCKWELL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 1995 08:25:33 -0800

Renee Cornelisen wrote:

> The digest of July 26, 1995 included a post regarding a job for a senior
> tech-writer at Novell, in Utah. It required knowledge of C and the ability
> to read and understand source code. Is that something tech-writers do?

Some -- not all -- technical writers do, indeed, read source code. I worked at
a job for five years (a defense subcontractor) in which I was required to read
assembly language source code to compile mil-std software documentation. In
the last five years, however, the ability to read source code has not been part
of my work...thankfully!!!!

john blair
john -dot- blair -at- nb -dot- rockwell -dot- com