Re: URL

Subject: Re: URL
From: Blair John <Blair -dot- John -dot- MM5 -at- MACMAIL1 -dot- NB -dot- ROCKWELL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 1995 14:00:53 -0800

> My boss asked me what URL means, and I had to say I didn't know. Could anyone
>tell me?

>Nora
>merhar -at- edsvcs -dot- switch -dot- rockwell -dot- com

It stands for Universal Resource Locator...

At least I think...I'm relatively new to the technology as well. Other posters
should either confirm this or correct me.

Although I couldn't provide you with an adequate definition for URL, at least
in "Internet-speak," it does seem to me to be a fancy-schmancy computerese term
for "location" or "server location." One of the zillions of books out there on
the Internet would go into more detail than many of us would care to know, I'm
sure.

Hope this helps.

john blair
john -dot- blair -at- nb -dot- rockwell -dot- com