Screenshot annotations?

Subject: Screenshot annotations?
From: Glenda Jeffrey <jeffrey -at- LEMOND -dot- HKS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 23 May 1995 15:38:06 -0400

I've been trying to find a graphics program that is useful
for doing annotations of screen captures. So far, I've
tried IslandDraw and CorelDraw, but they both seem to have
the same problem: they dither the colors of the screen
capture.

That is, the original colors of the screen capture end
up "speckled" when I import the file into the drawing program.

I've tried IslandPaint also -- it does not dither the colors,
which is great; however, it is a painting program, not a
drawing program, and as such does not have the basic tools
that you would need to draw the annotations (generally straight
lines with arrow heads) and insert the text callouts.

Does anybody have any suggestions? (It would be nice if
the software ran on Unix...)

--
Glenda Jeffrey Email: jeffrey -at- hks -dot- com
Hibbitt, Karlsson & Sorensen, Inc Phone: 401-727-4200