Re: What do you call this?

Subject: Re: What do you call this?
From: Bev Parks <bparks -at- HUACHUCA-EMH1 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Mon, 8 May 1995 17:00:01 MST

> What do you call the circle a (@) that is commonly
> called the AT sign? I know there is a more precise
> name for it somewhere. Does anyone know it?

This was a recent topic on the copyediting list. As I recall, no
one came up with a name. Because it lacked one, I started calling it a
"lasso," which several people liked. :)

The bottom line, though, was that the "at sign" is a completely
valid name. Compare dollar sign, percent sign, plus sign, ...

=*= Beverly Parks =*= bparks -at- huachuca-emh1 -dot- army -dot- mil =*=
=*= "These opinions are mine, not my employer's." =*=
=*= =*= =*=

Previous by Author: Re: UUENCODE
Next by Author: Re: roll in your soup
Previous by Thread: What do you call this?
Next by Thread: Re: What do you call this?

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads