SCSI versus IDE

Subject: SCSI versus IDE
From: Charles Sides <csides -at- FSCVAX -dot- FSC -dot- MASS -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 5 May 1995 11:48:21 EDT

My request for information concerning Syquest versus CD-R was so fruitful
that I decided to venture forth once more--with apologies to those on the
list who do not enjoy reading this sort of thing.

The question: If you planned to push multimedia development (using such
software as Action, IconAuthor, Photoshop, as well as video, audio, animation
and stills as source material) through a Pentium-100, would you be better
off with SCSI already on board or with an IDE machine to which you would
attach a SCSI adaptor?

Again, thanks in advance.

Charles H. Sides
Fitchburg State College