Re: Document Management Software

Subject: Re: Document Management Software
From: Ron Rothbart <ron -dot- rothbart -at- DOCUMENTUM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 5 May 1995 09:42:33 PDT

On May 4, 1995, Rosie Wilcox wrote:

Has anyone out there done a software evaluation on various Document
Management tools? Does anyone out there use a Document Management tool?
Does anyone out there know of any names of Document Management tools?

Rosie Wilcox
rwilc -at- fast -dot- dot -dot- state -dot- az -dot- us
ncrowe -at- primenet -dot- com

"Document management" covers a wide range of products. I work for
Documentum, a company that makes a high-end, full-featured, enterprise-wide
document management system. Of course, I use our product, but rather than
trying to sell it here I'll leave it to others to make their evaluations.
A decent guide to document management appears in the April 10, 1995 issue of
Computerworld, pp. 87 - 94. The article covers everything from basic DTP to
storage, routing, and retrieval at the individual, group, and enterprise
levels. Computerworld gives Documentum a score of 9.5 for library
capabilities and an average overall score of 8.0.
Our major competitors include Saros, Interleaf, and Odessa.
Looking forward to your summary.

\\Virtually yours,
Ron -dot- Rothbart -at- documentum -dot- com
//// (510) 463-6920 ////