Re. "Up to your pippic(s)"

Subject: Re. "Up to your pippic(s)"
From: Geoff Hart <geoff-h -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
Date: Mon, 1 May 1995 08:39:03 LCL

My local authority on Yiddish claims that "pippic" means
"bellybutton". Thus, FDR either misused the phrase ("pippics"), was
misquoted, or was talking about a truly unusual individual. Although,
truth be told, if you're up to your pippic in snow, you're probably up
to your testicles too... if not, you need help, fast.)

--Geoff Hart #8^{)}
geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca

Disclaimer: These comments are my own and don't represent the opinions
of the Forest Engineering Research Institute of Canada.