Give me a break! Listowner Msg. Read it.

Subject: Give me a break! Listowner Msg. Read it.
From: "Eric J. Ray" <ejray -at- OKWAY -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 1995 22:22:18 -0600

Two wrongs do not make a right.

If somebody ELSE posts something about, say, erotic
asphyxiation, that does NOT make it OK for you to do
the same. In any context. Period.

I just got two flames for reminding people that erotic
asphyxiation isn't an appropriate topic for TECHWR-L. I
would have thought that a reminder would be
unnecessary, but apparently some disagree with me.

Saying that because you were responding to an
inappropriate post your post somehow becomes
appropriate is a remarkably specious argument.

If it isn't about TECHNICAL COMMUNICATION, DO NOT POST
IT. Yes, I'm shouting.

I would STRONGLY suggest exerting some pressure on each
other, off the list, to stay on topic. Again, as if I
haven't said it enough, technical communication issues
will fly with the powers-that-be here--erotic
asphyxiation most assuredly will not.

Suggestions, off list, would be welcome. Flames--don't
waste my time.

Eric
ejray -at- okway -dot- okstate -dot- edu