Re: Re>Is the list really slow?

Subject: Re: Re>Is the list really slow?
From: "Eric J. Ray" <ejray -at- OKWAY -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 1995 15:04:58 -0600

Auli and All,

If DIGEST is inhibiting you, you don't like it as well, or it just
doesn't seem right, then change back by sending a SET TECHWR-L MAIL
command to LISTSERV -at- VM1 -dot- UCC -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU -dot- I certainly didn't mean to
imply that you have to change, or that you have to stick with
it if you don't like it.

Personally, I tried it, I don't like it, I don't use it. Different
strokes, ...

The problem was and continues to be list volume--the last couple of
days haven't been a problem. I can justify a high volume of technical
communication-related messages if push comes to shove. Ten SPAM
messages a day are less defensible.

Eric
ejray -at- okway -dot- okstate -dot- edu

Subject: Re>Is the list really slow?
Author: Auli Ingman <Auli -dot- Ingman -at- x400ux -dot- sasktel -dot- sk -dot- ca> at SMTP
Date: 4/4/95 10:25 AM

Re>Is the list really slow?
Shelly, I agree the list is slow. I think a lot of us went to digest format and
are replying a day after the original post, if we're replying at all. To me,
digests inhibit spontaneity, but maybe it's a necessary evil.

Tell us, Eric, is the problem fixed?