SPAM is not appropriate

Subject: SPAM is not appropriate
From: "Eric J. Ray" <ejray -at- OKWAY -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 1995 07:48:07 -0600

Gang,
Discussions of SPAM are not, as far as I can tell,
technical communication related. Back to the topic,
please.

Again, the system administrators here are getting
pretty unhappy with the system problems caused by THIS
LIST. Adding unnecessary or irrelevant messages does
not help. Putting it in different terms, our IBM 3090
mainframe spent fully two hours sending out the eight
SPAM messages I saw this morning. That would be,
conservatively speaking, 10,000 individual E-mail
messages devoted to SPAM, in addition to the additional
length of the digests.

Do not send responses to this message back to the
list--send them to me personally.

Eric
ejray -at- okway -dot- okstate -dot- edu