Re: Saving Word6 and Word5.1

Subject: Re: Saving Word6 and Word5.1
From: Scott Browne <sbrowne -at- UNICOMP -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 1995 08:17:21 -0600

Cahty Luther writes:

> Is there a filter or extension for Word6 that allows you to save text as
> Word5.1. Our problem is that we use QuarkExpress3.3 which will not
> accept Word6 documents.

Cathy,

Are you using Word6 for Windows or for DOS? I have Word6 for Windows and
if you choose File and then the Save As option, the Save As dialog box
will pop up. In the dialog box is a drop-down list for Save File as
Type. Here you can choose to save the file under many different formats,
including WordPerfect, Word for Macintosh, and Word for MS-DOS 3.x-5.x.
If you are using Word6 for DOS, check to see if there is something
similar.

To my knowledge, there is no version 5.x of Word for Windows. I believe
they skipped directly from 2.x to 6.0.

Hope this helps

Scott Browne
sbrowne -at- unicomp -dot- net

"Unless one is a genius, it is best to aim at being intelligible."
--ANTHONY HOPE