Re: Looking for jobs with ads

Subject: Re: Looking for jobs with ads
From: Richard Lippincott <rlippinc -at- BEV -dot- ETN -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 1995 15:09:12 EST

Emily Skarzenski wrote:

>I'm wondering why people are talking about looking for jobs through the
>newspaper as if it's a thing they're "supposed to do" or "not supposed to do."
>Is there really anybody out there who, if they're looking for a job, *doesn't*
>check the newspaper?

Mea culpa.

I was the one that used that phrase, last week, describing how I found my
current job. I said something like "I found this job through the Sunday Help
Wanted Ads, although I know we're not supposed to do that."

What I meant was: "I found my current job through the Sunday Help Wanted ads,
despite the current conventional wisdom that this is the least effective
method for job searches."

What I did -not- mean was: "I looked in the Sunday paper, I know we're not
allowed to."

Sorry about the ineffective communication.

Rick Lippincott
Eaton Semiconductor
Beverly, MA
rlippinc -at- bev -dot- etn -dot- com