Re: Sunday's Dilbert

Subject: Re: Sunday's Dilbert
From: Sue Heim <SUE -at- RIS -dot- RISINC -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 1995 12:15:24 PST

Mike Johnson wrote about the comics with:

> Sunday's paper here in Salt Lake City carried a Scott Adams cartoon about
> tech writing. In a nut shell, a lady writer blows up at an engineer for not
> reviewing her stuff. The engineer relents, reads the stuff, and then says,
> "These pages are blank! You've been bluffing for months!" To which the
> humiliated writer replies, "I think I'll go have a yummy compost salad with
> delicious fetid cheese."

> I didn't like the cartoon for four reasons:
<snip>

The San Diego Union/Tribune also carried this comic strip. The really
funny thing is that it took me reading it three times to get it!!! I
mean, I thought the beginning, where the engineer is shining the
writer on, was funny. And then I had to read it twice more to figure
out that I was being insulted!

And that insulted me even more!!! (Maybe I just hadn't had a full cup
of coffee yet?)

Oh well,
Sue Heim
Research Information Systems
Email: Sue -at- ris -dot- risinc -dot- com