Re: FORMAT: Blank Pages

Subject: Re: FORMAT: Blank Pages
From: Sue Heim <SUE -at- RIS -dot- RISINC -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 1995 08:48:26 PST

Jan wrote:

> Consider this: putting any print on that otherwise blank page adds to
> the print cost. I don't believe there is any standard that requires,
> or even advises, putting a page number on that final, blank, verso
> page.

Oops! I mentioned I included page numbers at the bottom of that last,
even numbered page. I forgot to mention that I also use a Heading1
style format with the word "Notes" on that page (the style includes a
rule above).

But a point in fact -- there is absolutely no additional cost to
print that one extra page (especially since it's not required for
every single chapter). My manuals are about 350 pages and we print
thousands of them, so if there is a charge, it's a fraction of a
cent. And the reason I start each chapter on the right (odd numbered)
page allows users to a) find what they are looking for by thumbing
thru the book and b) page numbering is consistent; each chapter
begins with page 1.

Toodles!
Sue Heim
Research Information Systems
Email: Sue -at- ris -dot- risinc -dot- com