Productivity and terminal fatigue

Subject: Productivity and terminal fatigue
From: Tracie Speer <traspeer -at- RS6000 -dot- CMP -dot- ILSTU -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 1995 11:46:46 -0600

I am still in school and not yet in the field, but I cannot imagine staring
at a computer screen for 8 solid hours. When I am working at a computer
terminal for serveral hours, I'm exhausted and suffering from a headache
when I'm finished. As a technical writer, won't have spend at least a few
hours a day completing non-computer responsibilities, such as interviewing
and user testing? Do many of you suffer from fatigue and headaches after
long stretches in front of the terminal? How do you relieve the negative
consequences of interfacing with a computer?