Re: Productivity and terminal fatigue

Subject: Re: Productivity and terminal fatigue
From: Beverly Parks <bparks -at- HUACHUCA-EMH1 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 1995 13:12:43 MST

Tracie Speer wrote--

... Do many of you suffer from fatigue and headaches after
long stretches in front of the terminal? How do you relieve
the negative consequences of interfacing with a computer?
=======
I have one vertebra at the base of my neck that causes
excruciating pain after sitting in front of the screen for a
prolonged period.

Also, I've noticed just since becoming active on these Lists
(thus spending even *more* time in front of the screen) the skin
around my eyes (i.e., above my eyelids) has been drying out. I
wonder if there is a correlation?

For my neck, I do various neck exercises. For my skin, I use
lotion. Both are merely masking the symptoms IMO.

The neck deal is probably a posture problem. As for the skin, I
just read earlier today that using a grounded, conductive mesh
glare screen may help that problem.

=*= Beverly Parks =*= bparks -at- huachuca-emh1 -dot- army -dot- mil =*=
=*= "Unless otherwise stated, all comments are my own. =*=
=*= I am not representing my employer in any way." =*=