Re: Early bird misses job?

Subject: Re: Early bird misses job?
From: Jan Boomsliter <boom -at- CADENCE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 1995 09:14:54 -0800

OK, I've got to get into this. Can you all remember what day of the
week your interview was? I know I'm opening up consideration of all
the variables, which is really going to make this drag on forever, but
I'm asking you to test one of my rules about job hunting: never
interview on a Friday, (your fascinating charm, wit, and knowledge
won't remain vivid til Monday) unless it's the final round (the manager
has dragged this on too long, has a plane to catch, is about to lose
the head count, is desparate for this last candidate to be
acceptable).

Whaddaya think?

jb

I, too make it a practice to be, if at all possible, the last to
interview for a job. I suspect the number may be much higher than
50%. As for why, there is a significant body of research that
suggests people remember longest what they see, read, hear last. And
it makes the greatest impression.

After all, in persuasion, saving the winning argument till last is
hardly a new idea. :-{)

Michael