Re: plural of CD-ROM?

Subject: Re: plural of CD-ROM?
From: Jan Boomsliter <boom -at- CADENCE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 1995 11:33:24 -0800

Nope, CD-ROM is not an acronym. (ROM is, but that's not the term we're
dealing with here.) And why is that, class?

Based on the assumption that CD-ROM is a legit term, then the plural is
for the whole term, i.e., CD-ROMs.

Colleen, let me know how this goes over.
jb
======================

Someone recently asked whether CD-ROM could be shortened to
CD, and the consensus seemed to be that it could not. I
have a related question. What is the plural of CD-ROM?

Would it be CDs-ROM, like attorneys general, as a co-worker
of mine insists?

Or has the acronym (is that right, Jan?) become a word in
its own right, making the plural CD-ROMs?

I'd like to get some support for my position to show my
co-worker. Thanks!

Coleen MacKay
cmackay -at- bna -dot- com