Re: plural of CD-ROM?

Subject: Re: plural of CD-ROM?
From: "Arlen P. Walker" <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 1995 12:37:00 -0600

Would it be CDs-ROM, like attorneys general, as a co-worker
of mine insists?

Or has the acronym (is that right, Jan?) become a word in
its own right, making the plural CD-ROMs?

I'd plump for the latter, for the reason that it's *not* a CD, it's a CD-ROM.

But then, I'd argue against the first. (yes, I'd still do "-ys-at-law," but I'd
argue that "general" makes it a different beast than "-at-law.") ;{>}

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 24