Re[2]: Int'l bent on resume vs cv (fwd)

Subject: Re[2]: Int'l bent on resume vs cv (fwd)
From: "Arlen P. Walker" <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 1995 11:57:00 -0600

I received the following message correcting my usage of the word
"acronym" in an earlier post.

That's OK, the correction was wrong, as well. ;{>}

It's an initialism, not an acronym nor an abbreviation. To be an abbreviation it
would be "C. V." To be an acronym, it would have to be prounceable. A collection
of initials (without periods) is an initialism. That was the only thing I
learned from the flamefest when it came around last time. (About a year ago --
is it back so soon?)

And don't mind Jan. New flamethrowers are hard to control sometimes, even if
they *are* good. And when you have a good tool, you want to use it often.

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 24