Re: Punctuation: Period

Subject: Re: Punctuation: Period
From: Beverly Parks <bparks -at- HUACHUCA-EMH1 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 1995 14:56:47 MST

"Sevigny, Josee" <joseey -at- M3ISYSTEMS -dot- QC -dot- CA> asks...

What do you guys do when "etc." is the last word within a list in
parentheses and the last word of the sentence at the same time?
* ..., etc.). Other sentence...
* ..., etc.) Other sentence...
* ..., etc.) Other sentence...

I could not find the info in "Canadian Style".
=======
Answer: ..., etc.) Other sentence...
You should never double-up punctuation at the end of a sentence!

(I didn't look this up, so if somebody says differently and
quotes a bunch of sources, take their word over mine!)

=*= Beverly Parks =*= bparks -at- huachuca-emh1 -dot- army -dot- mil =*=
=*= "Unless otherwise stated, all comments are my own. =*=
=*= I am not representing my employer in any way." =*=