QUICK HELP

Subject: QUICK HELP
From: Beverly Parks <bparks -at- HUACHUCA-EMH1 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 1995 12:50:04 MST

Hi, folks. I need some fast advice. Do any of you still use the
term "user friendly"? I personally think it's passe and would
like to rewrite the following sentence:

The latest versions provide greater user-friendliness in all
aspects of the software, as well as in the much-improved user
documentation.

This is only one sentence; the rest of the one-page document is
not much better... :(

"User-friendliness" appeared elsewhere, too:

Of particular importance was the improvement and[sic] user
friendliness of the Setcom and Mail components, as well as
increased functionality and flexibility in these two areas.

(sic note: I believe the "and" was meant to be either "of" or "in")

I changed this instance of "user-friendliness" to be

Of particular importance was the improvement of the user
interface of the Setcom and Mail components, ..."

Going back to the first sentence, maybe I could use similar
terminology:

The latest versions provide an improved user interface
throughout the software, as well as in the much-improved user
documentation.

Sorry...I know I jumped around some in explaining this. I was in
a hurry. Thanks.

Bev

=*= Beverly Parks =*= bparks -at- huachuca-emh1 -dot- army -dot- mil =*=
=*= "Unless otherwise stated, all comments are my own. =*=
=*= I am not representing my employer in any way." =*=