Re: Contracting to start with

Subject: Re: Contracting to start with
From: RoseCrowe <ncrowe -at- PRIMENET -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 1995 03:00:06 -0700

Karen:
Is it a "contract to hire" position? I have had one of
those and gotten hired for permanent from it. It allows
both parties to be more sure of each other. I don't think
it is an insult at all.
You may find out you don't like the place during your contract!
An interview situation is very different than actually working
there. If you like the place, it means you fit in and have a niche
there, so you should do well. I don't think you should stress out
about making them like you. Just do your best. Get along with
folks. If your best isn't good enough for them or if they won't
be gotten along with, it's the wrong company for you.
Let's face it. Accepting a permanent job after one, two, three
interviews is like getting married after a hand full of dates.
You may luck out and have a workable marriage, or you may
find that things weren't quite what you think. I guess if
you have only 1 year direct experience, but do have experience
in another professional job, they are offering you the contract in
respect for the combination, rather than turning you down flat and
perhaps missing out on a good employee.

Rosie (NorthCrowe)
ncrowe -at- primenet -dot- com
rwilc -at- fast -dot- dot -dot- state -dot- az -dot- us
*******
"Half an hour's meditation is essential except
when you are very busy. Then a full hour is needed."
-St. Francis De Sales