Re: Jobs / Seminars

Subject: Re: Jobs / Seminars
From: Marc Santacroce <santa -at- TFS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 1995 14:47:00 PST

Lori, I'm with you. I know some people pay for mail by the byte (or
something like that) but I always considered this forum to be a means of
disseminating a wide variety of technical writing related information.

One person's pearl is another's putresence. What distinguishes us from
swine is that we can discern what is pallitable to us and what is not
(actully everything is pallitable to hogs).

We should each be afforded the opportunity to rut through and savor our own
particular information delicacies.

===============
At 4:52 PM 2/24/95 -0500, Lori Lathrop wrote:
>After reading Mary Deaton's survey questions and thinking about them for
>the past few days, it suddenly occurred to me that I must be missing
>something here. Perhaps someone can enlighten me.

>Why is it OK for people to post job openings (which can certainly benefit
>subscribers who happen to be looking for work) but it's *not* OK for
>people to post information about workshops or seminars (which can benefit
>subscribers who need to improve their skills)? What's the difference?
===============

Regards,

Marc

Technical Writer/Trainer
TRW Financial Systems, Inc.
300 Lakeside Dr.
Oakland, CA 94612-3540
santa -at- tfs -dot- com santacroce -at- aol -dot- com

"An idiot with a computer is a faster, better idiot"
- Rich Julius