Re: Mike Torras Summary

Subject: Re: Mike Torras Summary
From: Scott Cluff <SCLUFF -at- VAX -dot- MICRON -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 1995 08:11:19 MDT

> -> Please rerun or send a copy of the summary prepared
> -> by Mike Torras on Word and FrameMaker.

> The list is very nice but in my opinion is about as valid as comparing a
> Chevy with a Rototiller ... different products, different strengths.

Yes, but the problem is that, to some degree, Word claims to be a Chevy. And
because Word resembles a Chevy at first glance, many folks don't realize that
it's really just a rototiller--not suited for road trips.

The comparison may indeed be a bit pointless when you get down to really
understanding how both products work, but there are lots of folks out there
who don't know any better. And who can blame them? After all, given Word's
claims, its lower off-the-shelf price, and its apparent popularity, it's
understandable that there's so much confusion.

Scott
scluff -at- vax -dot- micron -dot- com
Boise, Idaho