Re: Overuse of Bulleted Lists

Subject: Re: Overuse of Bulleted Lists
From: RoseCrowe <ncrowe -at- PRIMENET -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 1995 17:54:45 -0700

> > >Sorry, but I must disagree. I like to use bulleted lists for the following
> > >reasons: > >* prevents large blocks of text. > >* provides a way to locate
> > information at glance > >* makes it easier for the reader. > >This should
get
> > us off on a tangent.

I like this tangent, and, BTW, the above quote shows how much harder
the list is to read unbulleted.
Some folks have argued that bulleting a list of items makes them
seem more important than the surrounding text, so don't over-bullet.
Perhaps the problem is too much verbiage, rather than the bulleting.
By that I mean that the list itself is trivial, and need not have
been included. I don't have a good example of this (because I
never write anything trivial :-)).

Rosie (NorthCrowe)
ncrowe -at- primenet -dot- com
rwilc -at- fast -dot- dot -dot- state -dot- az -dot- us
*******
"Half an hour's meditation is essential except
when you are very busy. Then a full hour is needed."
-St. Francis De Sales