Re: Writing Platform

Subject: Re: Writing Platform
From: RoseCrowe <ncrowe -at- PRIMENET -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 1995 12:23:34 -0700

On Tue, 14 Feb 1995, Bailey, Doug S wrote:

> >Fellow writers,
> >I would like to know what program(s) y'all use to create documentation. We

> Windows NT, Microsoft Word, and Robohelp. Good combination!
We use this too, but we have difficulty with some of the
larger manuals especially illustrated manuals. Anything over
5 meg we have to break up into smaller files, and Word's
master documents feature breaks too. For those manuals we
have to hand-do page references and clip and paste TOCs.
Since we have only one user guide that is large, and the
other large files are programmer documents, we are not
rabble-rousing to get Frame. But if I was here permanently,
or had a larger amount of big docs, I would try to get
Frame or another desktop publishing platform in here.

That'll be 2 cents, please.

Rosie (NorthCrowe)
ncrowe -at- primenet -dot- com
rwilc -at- fast -dot- dot -dot- state -dot- az -dot- us
*******
"Half an hour's meditation is essential except
when you are very busy. Then a full hour is needed."
-St. Francis De Sales