Still on ads

Subject: Still on ads
From: Mary -dot- Deaton -at- HALCYON -dot- COM
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 1995 08:11:30 -0800

my training courses in help authoring, people seem split. Several people
suggested I put it on the WWW, which I am going to do. But then the question
arises, how does anyone know it is on the Web? If I post a notice that I put
it on the Web am I then accused, again, of advertising?

I also just found out that I can send a command to the LISTSERV for this list
and get the email address of everyone on it. Now, that seems like real junk
mail to me. And I do not think, ethically, I should send individual mail to
all of you after getting your names from the LISTSERV. This list, however, is
"public." Seems to me that posting a small notice on a list is not that
different from putting up a flyer on a bulletin board or a telephone pole, or
sending a calendar notice to Intercom.

I am genuinely interested in what MOST tech writers want to get as info on
this list.

Also, some people have reported bounce-backs when they reply to this message.
My email address is marymd -at- halcyon -dot- com -dot-

Mary Deaton
KNOWware