Re: Should we Worry?

Subject: Re: Should we Worry?
From: "Eric J. Ray" <ejray -at- OKWAY -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 1995 08:40:13 -0600

Scott (and others),
Good question! It depends on a number of factors.

Generally, I assume that someone else will answer. If I
am not swamped, if it seems like a "problem" rather
than a lack of information, or if I can quickly and
easily do it, I'll reply.

Not to sound rude, but I'm more willing to take time to
answer people who don't have a starting place (such as
those who heard of the list and want more information)
than those who post to the list because they don't
have/cannot find the instructions or my address that
they already got once (get-me-off-this-list type
messages).

If I get personal mail, I always reply, and am happy to
do so.
Eric
ejray -at- okway -dot- okstate -dot- edu

Subject: Should we Worry?
Author: SCLUFF -at- vax -dot- micron -dot- com at SMTP
Date: 2/23/95 11:59 AM

Eric,

When people send messages to Techwr-L asking for help on how to subscribe
or unsubscribe, I always assume that someone else out there will reply. It's
not that I would mind replying; it's just that it seems like a waste to fill
someone's mailbox with multiple "here's how" replies. Coversely, I sometimes
wonder if anyone replies at all. Do you take care of replying to such
requests, or do you leave doing so up to us?

Scott
scluff -at- vax -dot- micron -dot- com