Survey: How do you want to get info on available training?

Subject: Survey: How do you want to get info on available training?
From: Mary -dot- Deaton -at- HALCYON -dot- COM
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 1995 08:30:38 -0800

I have a question for people on this list. I am an independent consultant
specializing in online documentation development and help authoring training.
My primary market is the thousands of technial writers in this country and the
other thousands of software companies they work for. How would you rather hear
about my Doc-To-Help classes or my courses in managing help projects?

Do you want me to mail you a flyer (and use trees, ink, electricity, etc. to
do it), send you a fax (and use trees, ink, electricity, etc.), or drop a
little piece of email on the list telling people they can contact me if they
are interested (use minimal amount of electricity)? I will tell you now that
as a new business I don't have the money to buy ads in Technical
Communications, and I know not all technical writers are members. And I am
certainly not going to sit around making phone calls to everyone: I hate
telemarketing.

Of course, I am making a basic assumption that my fellow technical
communicators want to know about training opportunities or products that will
help them do their work. But based on the response to Stefan and a previous
notice I posted here, I could be wrong.

Mary Deaton
KNOWware