Re: Survey: How do you want to get info on available training?

Subject: Re: Survey: How do you want to get info on available training?
From: "Eileen Anderson, UALR" <EBANDERSON -at- UALR -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 1995 11:40:40 -0600

Mary Deaton (Mary -dot- Deaton -at- HALCYON -dot- COM) writes:

>I have a question for people on this list. I am an independent consultant
>specializing in online documentation development and help authoring training.
>My primary market is the thousands of technial writers in this country and the
>other thousands of software companies they work for. How would you rather hear
>about my Doc-To-Help classes or my courses in managing help projects?

(Suggests three possibilities: mail, fax, and email. Implies that email is best
for
environment and resources.)

>Of course, I am making a basic assumption that my fellow technical
>communicators want to know about training opportunities or products that will
>help them do their work. But based on the response to Stefan and a previous
>notice I posted here, I could be wrong.

>Mary Deaton
>KNOWware

Mary, the limitations of your three choices reflect your interests and I can't
blame you for that. But since you ask, I suggest a fourth choice:

I would want to get info on your services, via email, IFF (if and only if) I
asked
about such services or asked a related question first.

I don't appreciate the implication that those of us who don't want (even short,
environmentally correct) unsolicited ads appearing in our email are not
interested
in improving our work methods.

Eileen Anderson
Editor, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
ebanderson -at- ualr -dot- edu