Question: Online display engines

Subject: Question: Online display engines
From: "William J. Hartzer" <William -dot- Hartzer -at- EMC2-TAO -dot- FISC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 1995 09:03:00 EST

Steven Jong asked: "Does anyone know more about the IBM software, and are
there other choices available?"

Steven, I would consider using IBM's Bookmanager group of products. We are
currently using Bookmanager because their 'reader' products (READ/DOS,
READ/Windows, etc.) are available on many different platforms, including
AS/400, DOS, OS/2, MVS, VM, etc. etc..

The reader files are generally a lot smaller than their source files (i.e.,
Wordperfect, etc.); they don't take a lot of room, and the same file can be
read on a multitude of platforms, from mainframe computers to laptops.

IBM just finished producing a demo cd-rom that has many examples of online
electronic books "built" with the Bookmanager BUILD product. Don't forget to
look for mine!

Hope this helps,
Bill Hartzer
Technical Writer
Fischer International Systems Corporation
Naples, Florida USA

William -dot- Hartzer -at- emc2-tao -dot- fisc -dot- com