R U an Internet Geek?

Subject: R U an Internet Geek?
From: "William J. Hartzer" <William -dot- Hartzer -at- EMC2-TAO -dot- FISC -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 1995 15:27:00 EST

--------------------------( Forwarded letter 1 follows )---------------------
Date: Tuesday, 14 February 1995 9:48am ET
To: Internet
From: John.Ford
Subject: Top Ten (Internet Geek)
Topic: General.Info

The following excerpt was taken from "The Macmillan USA Information
SuperLibrary Newsletter," Volume 1, Number 2 (an Internet-Published
Newsletter).

T H E M A C M I L L A N T O P T E N L I S T

....And now, from our home office in beautiful Indianapolis, Indiana

(Cool music and thunderous applause here)

....it's the "Macmillan Information SuperLibrary Top Ten List"!

Top Ten Signs You are an Internet Geek
--------------------------------------

10. When filling out your driver's license application you give your
IP address.

9. You no longer ask prospective dates what their sign is, instead
your line is "Hi, what's your URL?"

8. Instead of calling you to dinner, your spouse sends email.

7. You're amazed to find out spam is a food.

6. You "ping" people to see if they're awake, "finger" them to find out
how they are, and "AYT" them to make sure they're listening to you.

5. You search the Net endlessly hoping to win every silly free T-shirt cont=
est.

4. You introduce your wife as "my lady -at- home -dot- wife" and refer to your childre=

as "client applications".

3. At social functions you introduce your husband as "my domain server".

2. After winning the office super bowl pool you blurt out, "I feel so "colo=
n-
right parentheses!"

....And the number one sign you are an Internet Geek:

1. Two Words: "Pizza's Here!".