Re: Health Insurance for Contractors

Subject: Re: Health Insurance for Contractors
From: D Citron <dcitron -at- GATE -dot- NET>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 1994 02:42:25 -0500

On Sat, 31 Dec 1994, Romay Jean Sitze wrote:
> Could you elaborate somewhat on this one-man group idea? Did it cut costs
> or just make it easier to get coverage?

Re $, I can't really say. I was starting after COBRA, which is not cheap.
Price was about the same. But remember that an employer's group is often
greatly subsidized. Your payroll deduction, if any, may be a small
fraction of the employer's out-of-pocket expense.

> BTW, my experience in caring for the elderly members of my family bears
> out your comments on medicare and veterans' hospitals.

> > I set up a corporation with a one-man group. Groups are not underwritten.

> > My health is too important to be entrusted to the government. Bureaucrats
> > consistently screw up. They don't care. If you don't believe that, ask
> > anyone on medicare or medicaid, or getting treatment at vererans'
> > hospitals. The stories I've heard! Or think of the service at your local
> > city hall, courthouse, or drivers' license bureau! But, since this is not
> > a political newsgroup, I'll step down from my soapbox now, before I get
> > flamed! <g>

> RoMay Sitze Saddle your dreams
> rositze -at- nmsu -dot- edu afore your ride 'em
> -Mary Webb-
Good luck!

Read the e-zine, NEW ON THE INTERNET! Issue #3.2 is now available.
NEW ON THE INTERNET features announcements of new internet resources,
and brief reviews of internet-related articles in the print media.

Get it by sending an e-mail note to new -dot- on -dot- the -dot- net -at- reply -dot- net -dot- No message
or subject is required. NEW ON THE INTERNET will arrive in your e-mail
mailbox within minutes!

Watch for Issue #4 (available about December 31st) with information
about OS/2 Warp 3.0 and two British computer magazines now available
in the US.