Liability Insurance for Contractors?

Subject: Liability Insurance for Contractors?
From: Cathy Godwin <tdsasg!cgodwin -at- UUNET -dot- UU -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 1994 10:59:48 PDT

I've been lurking on and off for about a month now and haven't seen
this topic on the list yet. (By the way, I enjoy the topics -- AND
threads.)

I have a couple of questions for the independent contractors out
there. (I'm an independent contractor, and this issue just came up
for me.)

Do you have insurance for product liability?

If yes, where do you get this type of coverage?

Can a tech writer be "bonded"?

I'm reading a contract where the company requests that I carry
liability insurance, but I'm not sure that this type of coverage
exists for writers. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Cathy

cgodwin -at- tds-hsc -dot- com