Re: he/she

Subject: Re: he/she
From: mpriestley -at- VNET -dot- IBM -dot- COM
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 1994 17:53:41 EST

>Isn't a genderless noun more exclusive than the interchangeable
>generic "he" and "she?" Since every human is of one gender or
>another, doesn't a genderless noun fail to include anyone?

"Person" is a genderless noun. So is "human". I think that's fairly
inclusive.

If you meant genderless pronouns, how about "you" or "they"? Again, nothing
inherently exclusive about them.

Sorry, you're barking up the wrong tree.

Michael Priestley
mpriestley -at- vnet -dot- ibm -dot- com
Disclaimer: speaking on my own behalf, not IBM's.