Re: Wow! We're way off the subject!

Subject: Re: Wow! We're way off the subject!
From: "Lori A. Moreland" <Lori -dot- Moreland -at- CLE -dot- AB -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 1994 09:01:30 -0500

Marsha,

Not only is your recipe a complete digression from the stated purpose of this
list, it's also an URBAN LEGEND! Urban legends are stories people swear are
true. But some version of the story has always happened to someone the author
knew, however distantly. The stories usually have a slightly fantastic element,
too. In the recipe urban legend, it's usually the Waldorf hotel, and there's
something about a missing ingredient.
I used to feel that the signal-to-noise ratio on this list was good. I think I'm
changing my mind, though. Do we all need a vacation or something? LM