Advertising on the net?

Subject: Advertising on the net?
From: JAY D KING <dking -at- TWAIN -dot- UCS -dot- UMASS -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 1994 03:45:11 GMT

I am writing a research paper on advertising and the internet. Some
questions I am looking at are:

What types of advertising are on the net (in terms of
product-image format, lifestyle, product utility, or whatever)?

How have folks on the net reacted to advertising where there was none before?

How are those attitudes changing?

Who is advertising on the net?

Are there categories of companies that advertise more or less on the net?

What are the regulations on advertising on the net (either regulated by
the company or the folks on the net themselves)?

Are there any studies on the effectiveness of advertising on the net in
relation to advertising in other media for the same type of ad?

Do any agencies deal with net advertising?

If anyone has answers to these questions, or better questions, I would
love to hear from you. If you know where to find answers please tell me too.

Sorry if this is not appropriate here. If you feel I shouldn't post this
here though, please tell me where you think I should.