Re[2]: Sie/hir

Subject: Re[2]: Sie/hir
From: "Virginia L. Krenn" <asdxvlk -at- OKWAY -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 1994 08:48:49 -0600

I have an Esperanto dictionary that belonged to my father when he was a
child. He was born in 1909 and was a big fan of Esperanto. Part of its
appeal was probably Esperanto's Spanish backgound and the fact that he
lived in San Antonio.

Author: Karen Kay <karenk -at- netcom -dot- com> at SMTP

Ellen Adams said:
> The language to which Laurie refers is Esperanto, which Webster's defines as:

Surely Esperanto is older than the 1970's.

> And, she's right. It didn't really catch on.

Tell that to the thousands of rapid Esperantists in the world! I know
that there is a mailing list, and they have conventions--there are
even native speakers of it.

Karen
karenk -at- netcom -dot- com