Re: Presentations

Subject: Re: Presentations
From: Rose Wilcox <RWILC -at- FAST -dot- DOT -dot- STATE -dot- AZ -dot- US>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 1994 17:33:00 PST

Nancy S. Burns wrote:
>How about you? Can you share some positive presenting experiences?

Our technical writing team created a customized style for
Windows Help for the Windows-based software our
development team produces. Based on the design, I
created a demo help system. I have since presented it,
using one of those thingies that projects your computer
screen on the wall (is there a term for that?). I have presented
several times, to three different user groups, three different
executive groups, and once to the developers.

It is fun doing this presentation because everyone loves
Windows help here. It also increases the visibility of the
technical writing team (which in my experience is rare!)
I hope to find more ways in future contracts to present the
technical writing team's work to the above groups.

If others have been successful doing this or just have ideas
for opening this door, I'd love to hear them!

Rosie
rwilc -at- fast -dot- dot -dot- state -dot- az -dot- us
ncrowe -at- primenet -dot- com