Re: spoken & written usage

Subject: Re: spoken & written usage
From: Gwen Barnes <gwen -dot- barnes -at- MUSTANG -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 1994 17:00:14 GMT

-> Both speech patterns seem about equally prevalent here in New Mexico.
-> have a lovely 21 year old daughter who earned her BA last year who st
-> can't seem to carry on an intelligent conversation. She and her peer
-> sprinkle "go" and "like" in their sentences until it sounds like some
-> spilled the salt. I'm hoping she will soon outgrow this habit. Does
-> anyone know a good cure?

A tape recorder, perhaps? Also, I saw a T-shirt that said "I'm talking
and I can't shut up" ...