Re: Minnesota job fair

Subject: Re: Minnesota job fair
From: Marc Santacroce <santa -at- TFS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 1994 09:57:34 -0800

Barb, I have seen many TW positions at Westech job fairs, but no, I never
heard of anyone hired through the job fair process.

At 12:52 11/16/94 -0500, Barb Philbrick wrote:
>Shelly asked:

>SL>I'm curious about to whether or not your companies ever recruit
>SL>tech writers at job fairs.

>I'd like to add:

>Has anyone been hired (or know anyone who's been hired) at a job fair?

>My experience with them has been that they are filled with hundreds (and
>likely thousands) of people in dark-colored suits, and that you wait in
>line for hours to get a handshake and a chance to hand someone your
>resume. I've also never seen technical writing jobs available at them (I
>went to one on the premise that "if they're looking for engineers and
>programmers, they'll be looking for technical writers soon" approach.
>I've used this method successfully at some software company open
>houses.) Anyway, I never saw a lead from this job fair, and disliked the
>whole thing so much I've never tried one again.

Regards,

Marc

Technical Writer/Trainer
TRW Financial Systems, Inc.
300 Lakeside Dr.
Oakland, CA 94612-3540
santa -at- tfs -dot- com santacroce -at- aol -dot- com

"Better to be judged by twelve, than carried by six"