Re: spoken & written usage

Subject: Re: spoken & written usage
From: QMS Account <Robert -dot- Morrisette -at- EBAY -dot- SUN -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 1994 16:16:33 +0800

About 20 years ago, I noticed that some teen agers were using
"goes" or "go" instead of "said." For example, "I go ......" or
he goes....." Now, almost everyone 35 or under never uses the word
"said" in speech. Is this only in California or all over the country?

I wonder how or why this speech pattern developed and will it be reflected
in future dictionaries.

Bob Morrisette
Consultant to the Stars
Robert -dot- Morrisette -at- EBay -dot- Sun -dot- COM or
writerRJM -at- aol -dot- com