Lurkers

Subject: Lurkers
From: John Lee Bumgarner <jbumgarner -at- VNET -dot- IBM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 1994 11:13:44 EST

In re Patrick O'Connell lurker note on 10 Nov 94:
I, too, issued review command to techwhr-l listserv to view the
subscribers: 1,172 non-concealed and 13 concealed. Lotsa lurkers :-O.

Why are 13 people concealed? Secrecy? Paranoia? Are there issues of
safety? Job confidentiality? Do the same people who are concealed
have devices on their 'phones to check caller I.D. but block their
number from going out? This is a serious query. I am pretty open about
things and am trying to understand concealment. Thanx.
Lee B.