Re: Math vs. writing

Subject: Re: Math vs. writing
From: Rose Wilcox <RWILC -at- FAST -dot- DOT -dot- STATE -dot- AZ -dot- US>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 1994 12:30:00 PST

Kayla asked:

>I struggled desperately through my math classes (where are the rest of
>you, by the way)

Well, I never took advanced math classes, because I
had already decided to be a writer. I wanted to
be a scientific technical writer, but I thought that I
wasn't smart enough in math and science. I
tested at 12th grade level for writing and English,
but only 9th grade for Math and 10th grade for
science. I was in 5th grade at the time.

Now I realize that my aptitudes were perfect for
technical writing! But I went a round-about path to
get here. Started out to be a teacher, changed to
computer programming, and finally decided to do
what I had wanted to all along. :-) Now I'm one
of those computer tech. writers.

Rosie the roving tech writer Wilcox
rwilc -at- fast -dot- dot -dot- state -dot- az -dot- us
ncrowe -at- primenet -dot- com

"Never put pen to paper!" - Lady Ida Sitwell